Summertime brings with it so many wonderful events here in the Tennessee Valley. Here are just a few summer offerings that make us happy in Huntsville…
1. Enjoying time on the Tennessee River, the Flint River, Guntersville Lake, Wheeler Lake or Tim’s Ford. This includes crawfish boils at Ditto Landing and attending church at Guntersville’s Church on the Lake…
2. Summer Concerts in Big Spring International Park. Every Monday night, the dock of the Huntsville Museum of Art hosts a different local band. Picnics, folding chairs and dancing under the stars are enjoyed by young and old citizens alike. Now thru mid-August. http://www.artshuntsville.org/our-programs/concerts-in-the-park
3. Graduations and dance recitals at the VBC. Rarely a day goes by from late May through mid June that you won’t see little kids in tap shoes and sequins running to the Concert Hall along with graduates in caps and gowns taking pictures by Thrasher Fountain. http://www.flickr.com/photos/iceman66/5535991778/
4. Neighborhood pools- Most areas offer a selection of neighborhood pools that become the summer hangouts and social areas through the summer months. For a base membership fee plus an annual dues collection, these neighborhood pools organize swim meets, social events on holidays and swimming lessons for little ones. Some even feature tennis courts as well.
5. Green Street Market and other Farmer’s Markets around town: Thursday nights have become wonderful “farm to table” nights in downtown Huntsville with the creation of the “Green Street Market” nights. Local vendors offer fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh flowers, culinary dishes, gluten free fare and more. Artwork, herbs, bath products and farm fresh eggs are staples for GSM as well! It has become so popular that South Huntsville has started their own Farmer’s Market and other neighborhoods are following suit. http://www.greenestreetmarket.com/See all of the latest and greatest events coming up on http://www.ourvalleyevents.com
For all of the upcoming Summer events, be sure to check out www.ourvalleyevents.com. You’ll see why we are Happy in Huntsville, especially in the summertime!